More announcements and surprises from one of the hottest Cryptos right now, BurnerCoin. The closed beta testing for the new BURN wallet begins today, BurnerConnect was announced, and some misconceptions have been cleared up. Let’s go, go go!
As of today, 10 lucky, hand picked beta testers are checking and using the new BurnerCoin client. This beta testing will go on for about roughly a full week, and we will keep an eye out for any further updates from the developer.
The biggest announcement of the day is called BurnerConnect. This is a completely separate feature from Tor, and can be looked at as an “advanced option”. BurnerConnect will serve an anonymity option.
In order to bypass the BurnerCoin blockchain, transactions will be sent via a direct tcp/ip connection. The connections are established directly, and do not require a central server in order to be processed.
Below is an official explanation by the BurnerCoin developer on how BurnerConnect works :
1. The receiver gives the sender his/hers special BurnerConnect address. This address is a specially formatted version of the receivers IP address. Example: 126.96.36.199 = cxy-sy-mt-ry
2. The sender enters the receiver’s BurnerConnect address into the new wallet.
3. The sender enters the amount he/she is sending and clicks send.
4. A new Burner wallet is created and the BurnerCoins are transfered to the new wallet.
5. A secured connection is then established with the receiver. The sender does not have access to the receiver BurnerCoins.
6. The new wallet is then sent to the receiver via the BurnerConnect connection. The blockchain is bypassed completely!
7. The receiver’s client opens the wallet automatically and the BurnerCoins are now added.
8. The connection is immediately disconnected once the wallet is received.
BurnerConnect is up and running, and the beta testers of the new BurnerCoin client will be able to test this feature as of today. Tor implementation will also be available during this beta period testing period.
Apparently there are still some misconceptions about the purpose BurnerCoin and who it is aimed at exactly. The developer clarified this for us with the following quote :
“BurnerCoin is not just a coin for cars, racing, and auto parts. BurnerCoin is a theme coin that can be used for anything. But if you are into cars and racing, you will be able to get significant discounts when using BurnerCoin for automotive purchases. “
“For example: There are Visa/Mastercard credit cards with “themes”. This cards can be used at certain locations for significant discounts, but the cards can also be used anywhere else Visa/Masetercard is accepted. The cards are not limited to the specific stores.”
“We are taking the same approach with BurnerCoin. You will be able to use BurnerCoin anywhere for whatever purpose, but our goal is to give BurnerCoin users extra benefits when using BurnerCoin for automotive related purchases!”
We will keep an eye out for any further BurnerCoin announcements!
Original BurnerCoin announcement : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645753.msg7508568#msg7508568
BurnerCoin donations are welcome to : BJv5E78NYrrrYbwuaX8DsCh6YdJ8sAYHHu