It has been a while since we posted some more updates in regards to WhiteCoin. I guess it’s time to take a look at what those folks have been up to. The efforts just keep on getting better and better though.
First up on the list is about the WhiteCoin Foundation registering as an association in Canada. If this plan were to succeed, it would grant quite a few benefits to the WhiteCoin Foundation. One of the main obstacles could be the fact that it has the word “foundation”in it.
Luckily for the WhiteCoin Foundation, they are able to meet all requirements in order to proceed with the current name anyway. Now it just remains to be seen which type of association fits the WhiteCoin Foundation best. The jurisdiction of choice will be Nova Scotia by the way.
Some of you are probably wondering, what are the benefits of registration? Here are a few:
We will be obligated to hold an Annual General Meeting (yes, in real life). An annual WhiteCoin Crypto Conference!
We will have access to applying for grants and tax benefits for holding such a conference
Tax benefits for when we begin our charitable mandate
Legitimacy in the eyes of the public
Legitimacy in the eyes of the mainstream media
More news about this effort will be provided over the course of the coming week(s).
So what else is on the to-do list for the WhiteCoin Foundation? A lot of things on which we haven’t received details yet at this point. What we can tell you, is what has been accomplished over the past month :
1. Consulting with the community to seize control from the original devs.
2. Forking the coin and providing an update to fix PoS (all using peer review as an adhoc team).
3. Creating a rebranding strategy and carefully executing it according to a schedule.
4. Providing a 2nd wallet update.
5. Work has begun on a 3rd wallet update.
6. Addition of games.
7. Fundraising initiatives to pay our devs.
8. Creation of a community driven website.
9. Drafting of the whitecoin paper, laying out a completely unique approach in crypto.
10. Creating a functioning committee structure.
11. Recruited and appointed a Director of Operations, Chief Technology Officer, and Director of Communications (Oizopower, Mindfox, and Birddog respectively).
12. Hours upon hours of legal research regarding founding as an association (nearly complete, name reservation process has begun)
13. Work on holding our first general assembly has been ongoing.
14. Drafting association bylaws for public review has been ongoing.
15. Logo contest underway and nearing the voting phase.
16. Op completely redesigned from scratch with new graphics (this was a 20+ hour job, for the record)
17. IRL investor outreach has been ongoing.
18. Mainstream media outreach has been ongoing with significant progress made (keep your eye out for this one).
19. Implementing a format for community consultation and democratic decision making.
If that isn’t impressive enough for you, then I really have no idea what will convince you to be honest. I’m very impressed with what they have accomplished so far, but unfortunately the market doesn’t see it that way (yet).
WhiteCoin donations are welcome to : Wb2173GugtqkAqRZu23pMthDYN7YyAo2rx