The GeenBacks developers have been working hard to provided us with an updated client, which was released according to their development roadmap. A new partnership has been confirmed as well, so let’s take a look at the big news!
Even thoguhd evelopment roadmaps are nothing new in the world of cryptocurrency or altcoins, sticking to a schedule is not always easy nor possible. The GreenBacks developers managed to release version two of the wallet in time though, with some new features :
– Embedded news (where hopefully this article will show up as well!)
– Embedded trading on both Cryptsy and BitTrex
– Real-time market statistics
– High Definition graphics for your viewing pleasure
Another feature was originally intended for this release, as the developers had high hopes to include Blockchain Encrypted Messages in this release. In the end, it was decided not to include it in this version, as the team wants to create a more advanced messaging system , which will include the following features :
– Sending of messages between wallet addresses
– Inbox/Outbox for your messaging history
– Invoices (no further details announced)
– Receipts (no further details announced)
As it stands right now, these features will be included in the next wallet update, which will be version 2.5. According to the GreenBacks developers, this release will take place on September 12th, so we will keep an eye out for any further updates!
I did mention a new partnership has been confirmed as well. The Casheer platform will add GreenBacks to their list of payment methods, allowing users to spend their GB through any merchant in the world. I can’t wait until Casheer releases their application to be honest.
Official announcements :