Although there have been talks amongst Bitcoin enthusiasts about Twitch.tv possibly accepting Bitcoin payments at one point, we can now confirm the platform has indeed enabled Bitcoin as a payment option for channel subscriptions.
In a blog post earlier today, Twitch.tv confirmed they are now accepting a broader range of payment options for channel subscriptions, including Bitcoin and gift cards. A change has also been made as to how you purchase channel subscriptions, as 1-3-6 month packages are now available.
Thanks to the partnership between Twitch.tv and Xsolla, the implementation of Bitcoin as aayment option has come to fruition. In order to access the Bitcoin (and the other new) payment options, take the following steps :
1. Click More Methods under Payment Options.
2. Side scroll through the options.
3. Don’t see your option? Scroll to the far right and click More Methods.
4. Select your country and view the payment options by e-payments, prepaid cards, and more.
5. After selecting your payment method, select the term of your subscription and complete your transaction.
For current Twitch.tv streamers willing to accept Bitcoin payments for channel subscriptions, go to your Dashboard and click on the subscribtions tab. On that page, select Accept International Payments, agree to the terms and conditions and you are done. Xsolla payments will be enabled on your channel subscriptions from that point forward.